The Writing Centre welcomes writers to come and talk about their writing. In the centre, we share writing strategies, a reference library, and access to online writing resources. The centre is open to all students and faculty at no charge.
Individual Writing Consultations
- Book an appointment or drop in
- Plan to visit for up to 50 minutes
- Bring your ideas, doodles, drafts, and assignment sheets
Three workshops will be offered as part of the University Student Toolkit certificate program.
- Academic Integrity – Ideas, Conversations and Academic Conventions
- Writing at University – Talking about Essays and more
- The Editor’s Tips – Identifying and revising structural, grammatical and mechanical challenges
Additional workshops may be offered in response to student or faculty requests.
Writing in French
Book an appointment with our peer tutors, on Wednesdays from 10:30-11:30 or 2:30-4:30 to discuss writing in French. If you wish to practice your conversation skills, they will be happy to have a chat.
We welcome faculty to contact us about visiting classrooms to promote the Writing Centre. Mini workshops and classroom presentations about writing topics may also be arranged.
Literacy, Learning and Teaching
We help writers to:
- Improve reading strategies
- Conquer writer’s block
- Assess the writing process
- Clarify ideas
- Discover disciplinary conventions
- Summarize, evaluate, analyze, and synthesize arguments
- Analyze essay and paragraph structures
- Learn self-editing and revising techniques
- Develop strategies for effective communication in English
- Create a compassionate writing community
- Empower writers’ academic, professional, and creative voices
- Invigorate student thinking and writing
- Engage in active learning
- Teach, learn, and explore literacy
Check here for updates about visiting speakers and writing workshops.
View our location, hours and contact information.
Want more info on what we have to offer? Check out our Publicity Brochure.
Brescia’s Writing Centre is the place for all writers.