The Writing Centre welcomes writers to talk about their writing. In the centre, we share academic communication strategies, a reference library, and access to online writing resources. The centre is open to all students and faculty at no charge.
Individual Writing Consultations
- Book an appointment
- Plan to visit for 20 to 50 minutes
- Bring your ideas, doodles, drafts, and assignment sheets
Look for information about support for students writing in French next year.
We welcome faculty to contact us about visiting classrooms to promote the Writing Centre. Mini workshops and classroom presentations about writing topics may also be arranged.
Writing Centre Hours: Currently Closed
Writing Centre Brochure: Look for updates in the fall.
English Conversation Circle Information: Plans are underway for the future.
International Conversations: Conversation Circles & Writing Partners
Three workshops are available upon request:
- Academic Integrity – Ideas, Conversations and Academic Conventions
- Writing at University – Talking about Essays and more
- The Editor’s Tips – Identifying and revising structural, grammatical and mechanical challenges
Additional workshops may be offered in response to student or faculty requests.
Literacy, Learning and Teaching
In a student-centred setting, our Writing Centre Coordinator and peer tutors will help you to find your voice in the academic community.
We help writers to:
- Improve reading strategies
- Conquer writer’s block
- Assess the writing process
- Clarify ideas
- Discover disciplinary conventions
- Summarize, evaluate, analyze, and synthesize arguments
- Consider essay and paragraph structures
- Learn self-editing and revising techniques
- Develop strategies for effective communication in English
- Create a compassionate writing community
- Empower writers’ academic, professional, and creative voices
- Invigorate student thinking and writing
- Engage in active learning
- Teach, learn, and explore literacy
Brescia’s Writing Centre is the place for all writers.